Tuesday, October 24, 2006

DVD's, Games, and at the Theater

Movies, now one thing I love is a real good horror movie and one thing I have is limited funds argh descisions, descisions...right now Rest Stop, Slither, and Feast are all out on DVD and they all look pretty damn good to me. I only have money for one though! Life is not fair! I mean dude come on give me a break they have all scored good on the rating scale okay Rest Stop I am not sure about I haven't read any reviews of it, but I Slither and Feast are both worth contenders and right now I am leaning toward Slither. I really wanted to see this little big budget B movie gem when it came out in the theater but none the less our theater was a douchbag and didn't get it. I wanted to support this movie as well, and unfortunatly it didn't get the box office sales that it should been which leaves me to say.

Horror fans you have to support the good R rated horror flicks that come out and stop wasting your money on PG-13 trash like the Grudge. You are feeding the shit cycle!


With that said, Feast also looks good it is supposed to be a total bloodbath and that is what I like to see a movie that pulls no punches and makes no excuses it is a bloodbath for the sake of being a bloodbath and being excessive and the storyline reminds me of a little gem called "Dusk before Dawn." not the shitty sequels either. The first one is quality.


Games...well here is the dish on that. From the intel I have gathered thus far. Bully...the main character is bisexual and there are seens where he is kissing other dudes. No thanks I will pass on this came, call me a homophobe, call me a hatemonger. I just don't care to see two dudes kissing. That's the bottom line, why Rockstar would do this is totally retarded in my opinion what is the point. Maybe they were thinking "Oh lets make a gay game!"

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - This game does sound tight from what I read you make choices as to which faction you go with the extreme homegrown terrorist faction, or good ol' Uncle Sam and it effects which of three endings you get at the end. The game was rated pretty highly at IGN, the only drawback is they say the game is only 10-12 hours long, of course they said that about Dead Rising too, but Dead Rising cheap...gosh that game pisses me off.

Gears of War...no intel yet on this one, stay tuned for my spill.

At the theaters....I recently went and watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Begginning and even though mainstream critics trashed it.(never trust mainstream critics btw, always go with horror critics). This movie was brutal man, if there was ever any proof that people could be pure wicked this is it. They had values but they were twisted beyond belief. Lots of blood, lots of gore and lots of violence. I can see why there wasn't many trailers released most of the movie was killing and I loved it. R. Lee Ermy owned the screen the same way he did in Full Metal Jacket with a top notch performance. Go see this one if you still can.


On the Horizon...stay tuned for a review of whichever DVD I buy, and I am going to see Saw 3 this weekend. You should do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home